28 September 2011

International Velvet

Who knew how hard it would be to find straight-legged black velvet pants/jeans? I have been looking for months. I can't afford Prada ones, and I don't want velvet leggings/jeggings/palazzo pants or flares, of which there seem to be an abundance. Happily, today I stumbled upon a pair of Paige skinnies, heavily reduced, in just one size ... MINE.

I expect they will arrive just as the weather finally decides to fine up. But that's OK, I'll have something to look forward to for next autumn/winter.

Can you tell I'm daring the weather?  Right now it's cold and wet, with wind and storm warnings. After 31 degrees last Friday (truth), spring has decidedly unsprung. Rotten weather for the kids' school holidays, but they don't seem especially disheartened yet. Kid 1 has found an abandoned undercover carpark in which to skate; Kid 2 likes to read, cook, sew and potter. Maybe it's just me who is dying for some sunshine.

2 comments:

materfamilias said...

I've agonized the past two winters over WHY, Oh WHY, did I give away my pair of black velour stretch pants, just because they dated back many, many years. Legging-skinny, they would have been perfect with so many tops and now I'm looking for their replacement -- happy you found yours, anyway, even if you might have to wait for the year to circle 'round before you get to wear them.

Tiffany said...

I hear you, mater - I'm a great one for purging and then wishing I'd kept things! I don't really mind waiting to wear my velvet jeans - it's kind of fun being able to haul out something new that one has almost forgotten about.